Just so you know

When I read back on these posts I can see how ridiculous they can be, I am aware of it but I'm trying to demonstrate the thought process of an addict as he tries to rationalise, blame others and abdicate responsibility. I want to put it in writing so, when I read back I will spot the warning signs as I start to try to find excuses to gamble again, as demonstrated in previous posts.

Wednesday 18 September 2013

Are you having a laugh ?


Just got below comment and it shows I must not be able to deliver the message of this Blog

"hello, i am betfair full-time trader since 4 years and since short time i started to trade for customers with a ROI of 35% per month on average. If you are interested to join me or share trading views dont hesitate add me in msn **********@hotmail.fr or mail me in that adress. good luck on Betting is not the issue"

Either is is some poor misguided lunatic offering to help me beat my compulsions or it's someone with a great sense of humour.

I knew how to trade, I knew the mechanics, but the biggest part of trading was not the mechanics, it was the correct mindset, the ability to cut and lose, the ability to remain emotionally sterile and stable, and if anyone has read previous post they would realise that emotional stability is not one of my stronger points, akin to saying that Hitler wasn't really a nice guy.

The other thing that is slowly returning to me is the ability to find humour in things that would have made me very angry before, the above comment is a case in point, sometimes you gotta laugh, just laugh, but definitely not gamble.

1 comment:

  1. Paddy - I think that French guy was trying this trick years ago. I seem to remember something on the Forums about it. Stay strong and all the best. (I usually say good luck, but that doesn't seem right!)

    ReplyDelete