Just so you know

When I read back on these posts I can see how ridiculous they can be, I am aware of it but I'm trying to demonstrate the thought process of an addict as he tries to rationalise, blame others and abdicate responsibility. I want to put it in writing so, when I read back I will spot the warning signs as I start to try to find excuses to gamble again, as demonstrated in previous posts.

Thursday 6 June 2013

Gambling, all in the mind ?

I'm learning that gambling addiction is not a just a financial issue, it also is the manifestation of emotional issues. I continue to seek information on a broad range of topics and one subject seems to have many parallels with my emotional turmoil when it strikes. The below link is to a blog that has gained huge media exposure recently here in Ireland and the author sums up the thought process and stream of consciousness much better than I can, bear in mind he is only 22, a brave soul with demons to vanquish, haven't we all ?

Alan O'Mara's Article, read it and weep.


No comments:

Post a Comment